Thursday, March 22, 2007

A Good Day

Today was an amazing day!!

First of all, I got 70% on my chem mid-term!! No, I'm not being sarcastic ... I thought that I had failed ... the class average was 51%, which means that half of the class failed, and I probably got an 'A'. Oh, the beauty of bell curves.

I also signed up for classes next year ... Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physics (for fun! - astrophysics and quantum physics), Anatomy and hopefully Physiology as well. It should be fun, and a little less work too, since most of the classes don't have labs.

Ali gave me a great present today too! She found "Einstein's 1912 Manuscript on the Special Theory of Relativity" ... sweet lovin'!

And some interesting quotes from the man himself:

"Man tries to make for himself in the fashion that suits him best a simplified and intelligent picture of the world; he then tries to some extent to substitute thiscosmos of his for the world of experiences, and thus to overcome it. This is what the painter, the poet, the speculative philosopher , and the natural scientist do, each in his own fashion."

"Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by the age of 18."

"Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind."

"Warfare cannot be humanized. It can only be abolished."

"The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious ... I am satisfied with the mystery of the eternity of life."

6 comments:

Nietzsche's Girl said...

What a great girlfriend you have! I've never heard of a girl who treats her man as well as she does you!

You're a very lucky man.

Bodhisaxva said...

Yes, Yes I am.

tragic comedy said...

the man knows what he's talking about!
if only I could be so wise ;)

Joel said...

bloggysaxva

Cara said...

I especially like the one about common sense!

Anonymous said...

"The most beautiful thing we can have is the mysterious"....

I guess that's why men like Women so much...