Sunday, April 1, 2007

Celebrating the Mundane

Ok, so I'm sitting in a cafe, and it's Sunday. It's a christian cafe on Sundays where christians sit around and chat. Today was also children's day, and they were playing Jesus Christ Superstar. Now, I find Andrew Lloyd Weber annoying, sort-of the wannabe musical writer. I also find religiosity a little over the top and lacking in meaning ... so children running around screaming, chasing anything worth chasing with palm leaves to the backdrop of "Blood and destruction because of one man, blood and destruction because of one man" in a pseudo-pop sensibility ... and yet, in the post-movie discussion I heard this phrase: "Celebrating the mundane".

I like that, I think I'll keep it.

1 comment:

Nietzsche's Girl said...

Even in a church, there is something good to be taken from things.