Saturday, May 19, 2007

Changes

Work, work. My Monday-Friday of late has been filled with landscaping. It's hard work, and my muscles are starting to feel tired. It's good in that, by the end of the summer, I should be in good shape. I've bought some protein powder so that I can have protein shakes to help me build some muscle mass. I've already made some improvement:
At work, I've also been driving bobcats, loaders (the big machines with shovels), dumptrucks and such, shoveling rocks and dirt, laying grass, planting trees, fixing cement curbs, and more to come, apparently. My boss is leaving the company soon too, and wants me to replace him, so it looks like I may be a crew chief within a month or two as well.

On a more personal front, things are also good. I met an old friend at the Edmonton airport during her layover between flights, and we talked about life. She is such a free spirit ... now moving to Iqaluit from Toronto to work as a journalist. I think the older I get and the more people I meet, the more I realize how much possibility and diversity there is. With each step into new territory, we change ourselves while also changing our environment. Nothing is stable, nothing is complete, and the more we see and do, the deeper we see into life. That star in our minds and in our eyes is fed, and we move forward, inwards. I love my friends ... all of them. It seems that we (the friends of my age) are also getting older ... moving into our own. Perhaps for the first time, taking responsibility for our lives and creating our own little worlds: having serious relationships and thinking of children, our future and our world. It is a weird, but happy, feeling.

Also, as an early birthday present, Ali bought me a keyboard!! Beauty! I can now play piano and compose! She is so wonderful ... she has such a beautiful mind and heart! I hope you can all meet her some day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky grass! I'm jealous.

And... is your package square, or is that just the speedo?

Anonymous said...

It looks like your back muscles are going to eat you alive!!

Joel said...

That's wildly disturbing.

Kate Nova said...

I forgot to comment earlier, but ahahahahaha that picture is funny.