Sunday, May 27, 2007

New Job?

I'm thinking of quitting my job. I'm starting to apply to other jobs now. I just applied to work as a health care aide in an old folks' home. I feel dirty working where I am now ... I guess I though that as a landscaper, I would mostly be helping plants grow, helping improve the aesthetics of lots and gardens and such, not killing plants and spraying toxic chemicals. I had originally agreed to two weeks of this, so I will finish it, and if I cannot return to landscaping, I will find new work.

On a happier note, I met a lady in Ali's cafe the other day who is actively engaged in community work and helping out the homeless who is looking for someone to help her with web design and help advise her about certain technology related things. It is very exciting ... I told her I would be ready in a couple of weeks ... that's a push, but I might be able to learn enough to start helping by then. I'm almost through learning basic HTML, then on to a bit of CSS ... and that's the basics of what she needs done! It makes me happy right now to think that I can actually be helping people out!

1 comment:

Kate Nova said...

Geek power! Of course you can learn the web stuff quickly... and thus leave the big, bad corps behind.
Hope yer well in the south.
xxoo